2018 General (November) Election City Candidate Information
First day to File: May 30, 2018
Last day to File: August 28, 2018
All forms must be filed with your city election office. A candidate seeking office can file one of two ways, by paying a fee, or by petition.
File by Fee
A candidate will file both of the following with the city elections office:
- Candidate Filing – Major Political Party or Nonpartisan form (SEL 101)
- The appropriate filing fee (check with your city election office for filing fees)
File by Petition
A candidate must allow sufficient time to have signatures verified before the filing deadline.
The following forms must be completed and filed with the city elections office:
- Candidate Filing – Major Political Party or Nonpartisan form (SEL 101) marked “Prospective Petition”
- Candidate Signature Sheet - Nonpartisan (SEL 121)
- Petition Submission (SEL 338), form must be completed and filed with each submittal of signatures.
The city elections official will send the county elections office a list of candidates that are qualified for vote. The county elections official will put those names on the General (November) election ballot. This will not be in the Voters’ Pamphlet, only on the ballot.