News Flash Home
The original item was published from 7/27/2021 8:13:00 AM to 9/6/2021 7:31:44 PM.

News Flash

County Commissioners

Posted on: July 26, 2021

[ARCHIVED] Free Water to Eligible Residents Impacted by Dry Wells

State Agencies, Klamath County and the City of Klamath Falls are working together to provide free water to eligible residents impacted by dry wells who have reported their wells, and been verified to the Watermaster.  The operation is located at the Klamath County Road Department, 6100 Wesgo Drive (Click here for a map).  Water will be supplied by the City of Klamath Falls Water Department and distributed using a manifold on loan from the Tualatin Valley Water Service District. The fill-up service is expected to begin Wednesday, July 28, 2021 and will be open every Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10:00am – 2:00pm.  

Those who have documented their impact with the Watermaster’s Office can visit the distribution center any time it is operational. Residents on the list of impacted wells can bring their own fillable containers or storage bottles. Water will be limited to 20 gallons per visit and is free of charge.  Klamath County Public Health recommends using this water for other household purposes and using bottled water for drinking.

State Agencies included in this project are the Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS), Oregon Office of Emergency Management (OEM), Oregon Water Resources Department (OWRD), and Oregon Regional Solutions/Governor's Office. The City of Klamath Falls is also joining Klamath County in this Emergency effort.  The effort is supported by volunteers Klamath County CERT as well as other community volunteers.  

“Water is the most basic of human needs,” said Ed Flick, Oregon Mass Care Coordinator and Director of the ODHS Emergency Management Unit. “It is our role, and honor, to support the provision of emergency water supplies when requested by local governments.”

Those impacted should follow the County website and County social media platforms at for more information and updates.  

Reports of impacted wells must be filed at OWRD's website: or by calling the Watermaster at 541-883-4182.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in County Commissioners